Thursday 23 October 2008

'lo!





Hello all!

My name is Phil and I am also know as Solcofn (sounds like Soul-Coffin). I've known Churchill a while through GYBO and we came to find that we liked a lot of the same tunes....so it seems this blog was inevitable! I am into a little bit of everything so I will may jump around when it comes to the styles of tracks I will post. I am sure Churchill will scold me over not tagging this correctly or posting something I shouldn't but I know I get whipped into shape in no time!

I'll start off every thing with a mix. Most of my stuff is like this but I do the occasional Ambient or DnB mix too.



Solcofn - We Like These Tunes Mix Oct 08

1 mystery jets - hideaway (switch mix)
2 new rave kids on the block - vivian the whore next door (database mix)
3 hostage - snake charmer
4 fake blood - mars
5 correct effect - smoke and lasers
6 shitdisco - 72 virgins (bloody beet roots mix)
7 round table knights - hold me back (the bulgarian mix)
8 idiotproof - the deacon (duke dumont mix)
9 panda bear - comfy in nautica (xxxchange mix)
10 cowgum - druggggssszzz (edu k and dr gonzo mix)
11 alex braxe - addicted (steetlife dj's mix)
12 moby - alice (drop the lime heavy bass mix)
13 wiley - wearing my rolex (pirate soundsystem bassline mix)
14 the fire and the reason - it stars with one (bsbtrgdclub mix)
15 tronik youth - live laugh cry die (eater mix)
16 the ghost frequency - never before (zombie disco squad mix)
17 fake shark real zombie - designer drugs (designer drugs mix)



Next up is one of my favorite tunes at the moment. It been out for a bit but I feel it is/was overlooked and bares a second look.

Walter Meego - Through a keyhole (Le Castle Vania Mix)

I've been a fan of Walter Meego for a while now and this song is one of my favorites. The La Castle Vania Mix really jacks up the bass and has fun with the original vocal. Loads of 8 bit sounds...watch for the wicked sythn at about 4:16, it wild!

Walter Meego Myspace!
Le Castle Vania Myspace!

Check out Walter Meego's new album 'Voyager'!



Back very soon with more!

0 comments: